North Scotland Aquarium Fish Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navigating the forum

3 posters

Go down

Navigating the forum Empty Navigating the forum

Post  Chrisfraser05 Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:48 pm

For all those members who are familiar with forums already this will be old hat to you but I believe we have a few forum "neewbies" amongst us.

Hopefully I can help you understand a little of how to navigate the forum and get the most out of it!!!

Lets start you off Very Happy

At the top you will notice we have a line of options.

Lets start with forum. This is exactly what you think and will take you back to the main forum page.

Next is FAQ. This is not made by us but by the provider of the forum framework. This is quite a handy help to navigate and understand whats what.

Search will allow you to search topics or individual posts. This will become usefull as time goes on.
Try searching the keyword "Reef" in topics just now and you will see how it may benifit you in future.

Members. You can, just like on facebook see a list of all the members on the forum. People are listed by their chosen username. click the name and you will be taken to a detailed profile of that person (depending what they have filled in).
Back on the members page to the right you will see the PM icon. If you click this you can send that person a private message. this is handy as a means to pass information you want to keep private. This is NOT visable to Admin it is purely between you and the recipient.

Groups. You can setup groups within the forum. The groups are simply a means of identifying your shared friends and anyone can create one. You might want to set up a guppy keepers group or reef lobster lovers group. You can be in as many groups as you like. Handy to keep track or who keeps what etc.

Profile. This is where you can edit your own info. The info others will see on the members page.
From here you also set your password, email, preferences (turn off and on emails from the forum), change your avatar picture and see your subscribed threads.

Messages. This is where you can view your own private messages. You can reply to them here and also manage them (delete). to send one either use the members list or click the persons name on one of their posts to visit their profile.

Log out....... well, I'd tell you but I don't want you to click that lol

to be continued!!!
Chrisfraser05
Chrisfraser05
Admin

https://nsfishkeepers.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Navigating the forum Empty Private mail

Post  Jacqueline Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:46 am

Chris, do PM's also go through to email?? J
Jacqueline
Jacqueline

Back to top Go down

Navigating the forum Empty Re: Navigating the forum

Post  Chrisfraser05 Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:41 am

afraid not Sad

Not that I can figure out anyway lol
Chrisfraser05
Chrisfraser05
Admin

https://nsfishkeepers.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  pugoff Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:31 pm

Jacqueline wrote:Chris, do PM's also go through to email?? J

i believe you get an ermail saying you have a PM but cant read them PM without loging onto the site.
pugoff
pugoff
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum